Saturday, May 09, 2009

UPDATE

January 23, 2009
I just finished submitting my manuscript.
It is now in the hands of the publishers.

February 19, 2009
I have just received the I-Universe Editorial Review
I have some work to do, overall I am pleased with the results

March 27, 2009
I have resubmitted the manuscript after reading the editorial evaluation. It is back in the hands of the publishers, moving forward once again... :-)

April 6, 2009
I just spent about a half hour on the phone with the my editorial consoltant. I can pay to have the book actually edited, so much per word, which comes to about $1,000 they edit and I can approve or reject any edit suggestions. I can also pay additional to have it proof read, which comes to about $300 more. I don't know that I can afford to do these, I would love to and I think it is worth it. I am going to think about it for a few days... She is emailing me more information also. By the end of the week I plan to be onto the next step one way or another.

May 6, 2009
COVER COPY POLISH complete
Read the post below to see what will be on the inside flaps and back cover of the book.

May 8, 2009
OK I am on the home stretch... 8-12 weeks and I'll have copies in my hand. Here are the remaining steps.
1) Initial Review (2 weeks -- right now )
2) Cover Design - 15 to 20 days
3) Author Proof (14 calendar days)
4)Corrections and Revision (3-7 working days)
5) Display Preparation and Printer Setup (7-10 working days)
6) Author Copies (7-14 working days)
7) Distribution (6-12 weeks after publication date)
$ see post below for full description of the steps $
-Thanks,
Dollar Kidd

No comments: